SALES JOBS, SALES CAREER, GRADUATE CAREERS & GRADUATE OPPORTUNITIES
The role of a Sales Engineer is to provide pre-sales advice, product demonstrations and post-sales technical support to prospective and existing clients. The position is well suited to individuals who possess the relevant technical qualifications and application knowledge, are commercially astute, and have excellent people & problem solving skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
Pre-sales activities will include:
- Assess a sales opportunity’s technical needs, issues and requirements
- Assist with the execution of sales strategies that create long-term customer relationships
- Conduct sales presentations / demonstrations
- Manage pilot programs and provide technical assistance during the evaluation process
- Develop security remediation and management plans based on assessments and audits
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and RFP responses
Post-sales activities will include:
- Assess and investigate client requirements during deployment
- Identify problems and resolve them during deployment
- Perform system assessments, design, implementation, refinement & testing
- Deliver formal and informal product training as required
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Understanding of the solution life cycle from inception to operation
Strong technical documentation skills
Demonstrated ability to perform troubleshooting in complex environments
The ability to work in various technical and business environments
Must be a self-starter
Qualifications & Experience
Relevant tertiary / trade qualifications are essential along with suitable industry experience and application knowledge. Any direct sales experience is also highly desirable.
Sales Engineers can move into more senior roles such as State Sales Manager or Engineering Manager.