SALES JOBS, SALES CAREER, CAREER MANAGEMENT & JOB PLACEMENT
The primary role of a Sales Executive / Representative is to achieve an agreed revenue target or sales quota by identifying and gaining business from new and existing clients and ensure that the customer has complete satisfaction when dealing with the company.
In this position there is generally a higher emphasis on serving and building relationships with existing customers (80%) with little cold calling / finding new business (20%). A Sales Executive / Representative is often seen as a starting point to many professional salespeople’s careers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Negotiating price and volume discounts (where applicable) in accordance with the organisation's policies and liaising with Technical Support staff regarding technical issues to ensure client retention and continued business.
- Identifying and gaining new business through a sustained program of cold calling, mailing and following up referrals/leads and keeping abreast of competitor's sales strategies.
- Maintaining call rates to assure contact with assigned clients and acting as the main interface between the client and the organisation to ensure an optimal level of service is provided at all times.
- Understanding the customer's objectives, buying criteria and decision making processes and forming long term business partnerships in order to leverage revenue from the relationship and promote the organisation as a quality supplier with the aim of achieving "preferred" supplier status.
- Conducting product demonstrations (where applicable) and coordinating the preparation of sales proposals, tenders/bids, contracts and account management plans.
- Coordinating, conducting and participating in sales promotions, campaigns, events and displays.
- Working closely with new and existing clients to determine their present and future needs and proposing suitable products, services and upgrades in order to maintain and grow revenue for the organisation.
Sound product / service and industry knowledge
Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation
Capable of 'hands on' problem-solving, with the ability to generate ideas and solutions
Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail
Proven success in your sales ability and demonstrable full knowledge of the sales process
Confident negotiator and ability to ‘close the deal’
Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks
Excellent organisational and time management skills
A positive attitude to dealing with people
Capable of working independently, and having responsibility as an individual
- Strong client management skills and ability to keep promises
Qualifications & Experience
Sales experience is preferred but not essential. Relevant tertiary / trade qualifications are desirable along with suitable industry experience and application knowledge.
Sales Executives and Sales Representatives can move into more senior roles such as Account Manager or Business Development Manager.